Friday, August 27, 2010

Stranger

Photobucket

Speak of the times you were there
And I wasn't.

Look upon me as a stranger
I am.

Believing the unspoken

Hoping the implausible

Waiting on the nonexistent

I watched for a sign
Until my eyes bled. . .

. . . and saw nothing.

For your truth
Was not mine

Your fealty was in body,
Not soul

And mine was in soul,
But not deed.

There was a dream I once had
Before you taught me to cry

I dont need to tell you
The details

I dont think I could remember them...

Anyway,

I let it go
Sometime last night

A broken smile
A dead whisper

Either way

You never saw it
You never heard it

It doesnt matter

Youve made your judgement
Youve made the choice.

And I remain unsurprised

Because you sought out another
Far before I.

I speak of the times that I was there
And you werent

I look upon you as a stranger;

You are.

1 comment:

White Shield Mike said...

A touching and heartfelt poem. I feel like I can relate to this.