Wednesday, August 18, 2010

In the End

I've always worked hard. Always given everything I had to achieve a set goal. I've always..been driven. Maybe because I was always unwanted, always having to prove myself, constantly told I was worth less than average. Even...that I should be grateful to be left alive at all (thanks mom). But what does one do when one works, and strives, and achieves-for nothing? What if you sacrifice all that you are...and see it all turn to ashes in your hand? Do you fight? Can you fight? You can give time. You can prove effort. You can even change your moral code. What does it matter if you prove your worth when no one but you sees it? They can say "It wasn't enough." They can insist you just aren't trying hard enough. Or, they can just tell you you weren't worthy to begin with. I have been around people that are unforgiving; we all have. I have worked for those that, although believing all along that you weren't good enough, still used you until they'd sapped you dry. Then, they kick you aside and find someone better. What can you do but pick yourself up and try again?

I do and I have.
Now...I'm tired. Just tired. In the End, it doesn't really matter...



No comments: