Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Grey Prayer

Imagine a group of people. Easy. Imagine music, any kind. Simple. Imagine one girl, thick glasses frizzy hair. Got it? Imagine her, trying to keep up with the conversations, to smile and nod at the right times. Still pretty easy, right? I mean, you can see the slight tension in her brow, maybe the biting of her too-full lips. Look deeper. Wait several moments, even. Wait until the realization sets in that no one really sees her no matter what she does. What does she think, feel?

Grey.

Maybe she'll go home later, sit on the floor, look out the window. What will she see?
Photobucket
Grey

Slim wraiths of sorrow
wrap your dark arms about me

Let the calm chill of shadow
take over the harsh
Burning
Light

I call for salvation
A reprisal from life

Longing for the sweet
Seduction of nothingness

Know that I wait,
Head high and palms open

Know that I watch
Heart full and lips smiling

...and do not mourn,
never that.

For among the bitterness of life,
I could never find hope

Among the sterile sunbeams,
I could never find joy

And deep within darkness...
its tender embrace...

No white
No black

No lies,

Only Grey.

No comments: